03 July 2008

The year so far ...

2008 has reached the midway point, so I thought I'd give you my top 10 from what the year has had to offer so far (or, at least, the movies I've been able to see so far).

1. WALL•E
2. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
3. Iron Man
4. Cloverfield
5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
6. The Strangers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. In Bruges
9. George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead
10. The Life Before Her Eyes

By a long shot, Speed Racer is at the bottom of the list.

This month sees the release of three of my most anticipated movies of the year, starting next Friday, July 11, with Hellboy II: The Golden Army, and continuing July 18 with The Dark Knight and July 25 with The X-Files: I Want to Believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i compiled a list of the best of the year, staring jan. 1 and ending july 4, and i agree with only 3 of your choices (WALL-E, Cloverfield, and The Strangers). I don't know if you get to see many documentaries or indie films, but I would suggest:

Chop Shop
Flight of the Red Balloon
Chicago 10
Bigger, Stronger, Faster*
Snow Angels
The Other Boleyn Girl